Cromarty Courthouse Museum
Dates: 1700-1799, 1800-1849, 1850-1899, 1900-1949
Church Street, Cromarty IV11 8XA
Any publications or other relevant material about the collection / history of the organisation?
The Courthouse building is a grade A listed Scottish Town House, built in 1773 that that holds the burgh Sheriffs Court as well as a three cell prison block added in the 1840s. The courtroom furniture was installed in the 1840’s and is amongst the oldest in Scotland.
Who can access the collection?
How big is the collection?